A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Such a Deal

Last Thursday, I looked for my little pumpkin costume for BB to wear for Halloween.  It wasn't in either of the places where the costumes are stored.  I determined that I must have given it aways quite a while ago; it's been years since I used it.  So Friday morning, getting another costume for BB was on the to-do list.

I decided to go to a local upscale children's resale shop to try to save money over Wal*mart.  I found an adorable pumpkin outfit for $5.  But when I went to pay, I was told costumes were 60% off and all infant clothing 24 mo and smaller was 50% off.  Since BB has no size 12 mo clothes and I'm sure he will outgrow his new 9 mo clothes by Christmas, I looked at the boys 12 mo rack.  When I left the store, in addition to the costume, I had 4 sleeper pjs, 1 jacket, a 3 piece Christmas outfit, another 3 piece church outfit, a sweater, 3 l/s shirts that snap, 4 pair of pants, and a one piece outfit.  Total bill: $39.60 

It was definitely the deal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment