A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Today's Activities

I took Sweets to the funeral this morning.  Her family was very glad to have her there.  She sat with her two younger sisters during the service.  Her dad was 1 hour 15 minutes late; luckily for him the service lasted 1 hour 45 minutes, followed by a graveside service.  Sweets and I left when everyone went outside.  She was tired of being still and quiet, and we had prior plans which were more interesting to her.

We met Miss M and my other kids and went to a party for Foster and Adoptive Families at a local park.  The weather was awesome.  They had inflatable jumpers and other fun.  I saw a couple of moms that I met a few years back.  One has adopted 10 kids, ages 3-13, and is now fostering a sibling group of 3 that are children of a former foster child.  Wow!

Afterwards, we went to Sweets' uncle's house where the family was meeting.  Sweets and Buddy had fun playing with all the other kids.  May hung out with me and BB passing time in the background.  It was good for Sweets to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment