This morning was a court hearing for the new baby's case. At a friend's suggestion, she will be called Miracle here on the blog.
Everyone was present in court, except any bio parents. No parent has even contacted CPS since mom's initial contact. Mom never had any visits and was late to the very first hearing. She hasn't showed for the second and third hearings.
Miracle has a different judge than either BB;s case or Precious's case. This judge is much slower and more cautious in moving away from family reunification. However, in this case, with two prior terminations and no parent making any effort, the INITIAL case plan was set as severance and adoption.
Next court hearing is end of August and TPR will likely occur then unless something radical changes.
Miracle's case is like a whirlwind from the moment I learned about her. She is an absolute doll and is doing extremely well. I love when she smiles back. Hopefully, her life can move forward quickly and be drama free, at least in this arena!
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
- turned 14 years old this month
- graduated from eight grade
- preparing for choir tour to San Francisco
- participating in church mission trip this summer
- finishing fifth grade
- read over 1,000,000 words to win prize at school
- home life has been crazy since bio mom moved in
- looking forward to summer
- completed fourth grade
- active in and loving Cub Scouts
- looking forward to Cub Scout daycamp
- flying to Ohio by himself to visit my uncle in June
- speech and physical development "within normal range" per school evaluation
- accepted to development preschool for fall due to behavioral/social issues
- loves the activities and does well at daycare but major separation anxiety
- very protective and helpful with new baby sister
- adjusting to baby sister and now showing love to her
- mild stomach issues lately causing problems sleeping
- starting a screaming phase when she wants something
- no real talking but able to communicate with some single syllable sounds
- two months old
- weighs 9 pounds (6 pounds at birth)
- eating and sleeping extremely well
- looks a LOT like BB when he was little