A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

He Moved

Sunday night, before I took Sweets home, I got a call from her dad.  Directions: don't bring her back to the same house; he has moved to a friend's house.  Luckily it is in the same neighborhood and walking distance from the same school.  Sweets recognized the new house and knew who lived there. 

Turns out the state was coming to visit him Monday to check out his living conditions related to Lil Sis.  I am SO irritated....  For over a year and a half, they have lived in a despicable place with family, with no hot water since last November, cockroaches, broken windows, disgusting bathroom, mosquitoes, and sharing a mattress in the corner of the living room with no privacy.  He has been saying he is going to get his own apartment every month since May but has not made any progress.  NOW he moves!  The two of them are sharing an empty bedroom at the new house.  I sure hope the case manager can see right through this.

Good news, though.  Sweets called tonight and was excited to be able to take a shower there!  For months, she has skipped showering during the week until she returns to my house on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment