A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, November 8, 2010

Adoption Conversion Request

My licensing worker came today with the wonderful news that the request has been received to license me for adoption of BB.  This request has been three months in coming due to some terminology confusion between CPS and the licensing agency.  It escalated up both chains of command because one side was asking for an Adoption Conversion Request but it turns out the other side actually files an Adoption Home Study Request (which magically turns into an Adoption Conversion Request within the bowels of CPS).  What this means is that the adoption home study should be filed with the court prior to the severence of parental rights, allowing the adoption to take the fast track.  I'll be happy if the adoption is final by June, anything sooner is a bonus!

1 comment: