A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Step Forward

When I took Sweets home tonight, I talked with her dad for a while.  He initiated that, should anything happen to him (like getting arrested or deported), Sweets should stay with me temporarily until he returned.  This is huge, because he has previously always indicated that he wanted Sweets to stay with his sister (and her five kids plus usually three grandkids at home).  I am so happy that the trust is truly building.  He said that he will have a notarized paper with his wishes to give me when I pick up Sweets next weekend.  Any wager on whether he follows through?

I also told him when and where to go for the paternity test for Lil Sis.  Unfortunately it is probably 45 miles away from his house.  Ridiculous really, since I am positive there are tens of labs closer that could do it, but that is what you get from a gov't agency for scheduling!  When I got the info from the case manager last week, she said she personally had nothing to do with the scheduling and couldn't change the location.  I don't know if he will go or not.  I really hope he does, because the next court date is before Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment