A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Joyful, Joyful!

BB is truly the happiest baby around!  Tonight we went to church for the annual Thanksgiving dinner prior to the Wednesday night programs for all ages (next Wednesday is a worship service).  There were probably 150 people or more attending.  Several of the retired ladies came over to dote on BB:

He is always so happy!

He is so good in church!

He smiles at us behind you on Sunday morning!

(and many more...)

It was nice to sit down individually with a couple of ladies and share about my children.  I am often told that I do amazing things, so much good, etc.  Well the truth is that my children provide so much joy, even when the going gets touch; I feel so privileged that God has chosen me to be their mom!  The benefits I receive completely dwarf the struggles!  Just don't ask me to repeat this statement when I'm in the middle of a battle with one of them!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog today...BB sounds like a little joy! I love reading about other foster parents, you seem to be doing a wonderful job with the kids.

    ReplyDelete