A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sickies in the House

It has not been fun for the last few days.  Starting last Thursday, Buddy complained his throat was dry.  Then on Friday it hurt, and by Friday at dinner, he didn't want to eat and complained his ear hurt too.  I took him to the nighttime pediatric urgent care thinking it was an ear infection, and ... Strep Throat!  He started antibiotics that night and no complaints about his ear or throat since.

Fast forward to Monday, and both Buddy and Sweets were complaining about a stomach ache.  Sweets is here during her fall break.  She had no throat issues, so I decided wait and see.  Buddy went to school, and after lunch, I received two phone calls and eventually Miss M picked him up.  Both of them took long naps and had noodle soup for dinner. 

My stomach was bothering me on Monday, more as the day progressed.  By dinnertime, I was not interested in any food and went to bed as early as possible.  It was a miserable night, waking up frequently to take care of my rumbling tummy.  Sweets came in my room during the night and complained about her tummy too.

Today Buddy stayed home from school with Sweets; God bless Miss M!  I think they have both recovered.  I went to work today but felt awful.  I'm a little better tonight and really hope this yucky feeling is gone by morning!

Thank goodness May and BB are showing no signs of illness!  Please, God, can we keep it that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment