A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yes, Again!

He is MAD again, just like here and here.  Sweets' dad is so busy being mad that he can't see straight.  Another referral was made to CPS regarding Sweets, so there is an investigation in progress.  Apparently, he didn't get home from work in time to meet the investigator Friday, so he is just fuming about who called instead.

I drove over to talk with him Friday night following May's drama program at school.  He said Sweets was staying with him.  I reminded him about Sweets' mandatory concert Saturday morning and offered to bring her back after it was over.  He still said no, but said the relative who will watch her and Lil Sis while he works will take her.  I'll believe it when I see it (and it will reinforce the fact that there are miracles)!

Sweets was very upset and crying and didn't want to let go of me.  She spent the whole half hour plus I was talking with her dad curled up in May's lap in the car.  Sweets is scared, worried about when she will get to come to my house again.  She just missed Thanksgiving, and I know she is now remembering when she missed vacation during spring break.  Christmas is around the corner and she was already concerned.

****************************************************************************

On a brighter note, last weekend's Children's Chorus concerts were wonderful on Friday and Saturday nights!  The four choirs all performed well, and the combined numbers were beautiful.  The quality of the music was amazing.  I am so happy that my three oldest have the privilege of being in this marvelous group.

Sunday night, May had a school choir concert.  Then on Wednesday night, her choir from the Children's Chorus had their independent performance (like Sweets and Buddy's choir does this Saturday).

Then Thursday night May had dress rehearsal, followed by the first of two drama productions for her drama class at school.  There were five skits/acts, and one was a monologue of JUST HER!  She was FABULOUS, Irish accent and all!  She was also in the cast of another group skit.  I am so proud that this timid, shy child came out of her shell and did a solo performance in front of a room full of people.  Tomorrow night is a repeat performance, and my parents get to attend!

1 comment: