This is Part 2 of the story started in He's Mad! below. Sweets' dad finally decided she could go with me, but not last night. I wasn't willing to wait around for hours while he took her and some cousins to a carnival first.
He said I could come back and get her in the morning. I told him that wouldn't work, but I could come back around dinnertime and get her. That was fine.
Next I asked him to sign a Power of Attorney (PoA) that allows me to get her medical care if necessary. He said he wasn't signing anything right now, because CPS was investigating him. I told him this is the same form he has signed multiple times before when we have gone out of state or when I have taken Sweets to the doctor or dentist for routine checkups. He let me take that over two years ago after he let her state insurance lapse and didn't know what to say to the doctor the one and only time he ever took her to a checkup.
He was hesitant still. I finally said I am not taking her out of state on vacation if I don't have a way to get her medical care in case of an accident or emergency. The previous PoA had expired. I told him Sweets could go take her shower while I took him to go get the form notarized. Unfortunately, the places were either closed already or wouldn't accept his only form of ID (another story).
He said he would get the form notarized Sunday afternoon and then I could pick it up with Sweets. I told him I could not take Sweets without the form being signed. I made sure Sweets understood that her dad had to go get the form signed before I could pick her up and take her on vacation.
I plan to call this afternoon to confirm before I go over there again. As it turns out we have to be clear over to the other side of town this afternoon anyway, so it's not too far out of the way. For Sweets' sake, I hope he can follow through.