A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sweets is Here

So happy I was able to pick Sweets up tonight.  It wasn't exactly smooth, but no hard feelings. 

As long as I ignore her dad's decisions to not be home when he says he will, to blame me picking her up at the time he set as the reason he didn't take her to the promised movie this afternoon, and his complete lack of processing any information I give him, I can choose to not let his childish behavior upset me. 

Sweets is definitely upset that she hasn't been with us for two weeks and missed our vacation.  In her head she gets it and understands what happened; she is smart and more mature than most 8 year olds.  In her heart, she is hurt.  But by the time I tucked her in bed tonight, all was well. 

This weekend should be fun and busy for all of us. 

I'm focusing my energy forward, not backward.

1 comment: