A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Officially Certified!

I was notified today that my adoption certification arrived!  When the last i is dotted and last t is crossed on the termination of parental rights for BB this month, his case can move swiftly into an adoptions unit.  Apparently, the ongoing CPS units that handle cases until the child either returns home or parental rights are severed are swamped, and cases are moving quickly out of these units.  This is good news for us!  Last time around with Buddy, cases were taking one to two months to tranfer to adoptions because those units were swamped, and nothing happened during that time.  Here is to hoping that BB's adoption might be final this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Our LilBit will have Birthdad's rights terminated at a hearing this month. Curious to see how quickly things move since he turns 2 in August. Hoping BB's case moves quickly. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete