A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, March 13, 2011

He's MAD!

Someone called CPS about Sweets. Her dad is being investigated (totally separate from his case with Lil Sis). A case worker came to talk to him early this week. He has been steaming ever since.

The broken record says, "I'm a good father. Why would anyone do this?" He is sure that someone close to him made the report. I told him I did not. He can't figure out who it was (so he can make sure that person never sees Sweets again); therefore, he is MAD at everyone.

I talked to him on the phone a couple days ago and he was ranting. He said he is going to change schools, move, get a new phone number, and not let Sweets go to anyone else's house.  He said she is quitting the Children's Chorus and doesn't know if she can go on our planned vacation with me (spring break started today).  He wanted me to come talk with him this weekend so he could ask me questions and decide.

I waited 20 minutes after the scheduled time for him to finally get home. Then he told Sweets to go get in the shower.  I told her no, until I knew what was going on.  My feeling was if he was going to ruin her life, he was going to take the credit for it in front of her and not blame me.  So I asked if she was coming with me.  He said he had to think about it.  I asked for how long.  He said he didn't know.  I raised my voice and asked why I just spent an hour driving and $20 in gas to come talk with him (80 mile RT) if he didn't know.  He said I wanted to talk with him.  I told him NO, that he wanted me to come and answer some questions so he could decide.

He started the same rant from the phone again, all beginning with "I'm mad".  I calmly said he had already told me that in answer to several statements.  Finally, he asked me to swear that I didn't call CPS or give information to someone else to call.  I told him I don't like to swear, and that I don't lie.  I said I would exactly once, but never again.  I told him I swear I didn't call and that I didn't help someone else call.  He then said he didn't like swearing either (makes lots of sense, right?).  He went back on his tirade about how the person that called knew lots of information about him.  I finally asked again if Sweets could go with me.

He said yes, but to come back in three hours, that they were going to a local carnival.  I told him that was not an option.  I had to go pick up Buddy back by my house in less than an hour (and was already late).  No, he couldn't meet me later, because he was only borrowing a car.  He said I could come tomorrow.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment