A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Struggling

I am missing Sweets.  It is the second week of her spring break.  For the last three years, she has spent most of her school breaks with me.  This time, she has called only twice in the last week.  Her dad is not answering his phone when I called today. 

She is upset because she didn't get to go on vacation with us.  It was her dad's doing, combined with my unwillingness to be completely walked over by him.  Sweets understands it was his decision and choices that led to her staying home, but her heart hurts because mom has always fixed it before. 

I keep praying that she is safe and okay.  For the moment, I believe she is.  But it hurts just the same...

1 comment: