A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweets is Here!

I picked up Sweets at 11:30am this morning because her school had early release.  She was so happy I was there.  After not coming all last week, I think she was worried something would happen and she wouldn't be able to come again.  My stress level has reduced drastically now that she is asleep in bed at my house.

This is the big concert weekend for my three oldest in the Children's Chorus.  Buddy and Sweets sang with their choir for a news station today.  It was supposed to be a nice outdoor shot, but just a couple minutes before the cameras rolled, after all the warm up and practice, it started to rain!  We had about three minutes to walk 1/2 a block, get 70 kids and almost as many parents into the lobby of the studio, and get organized to sing.  It went amazingly smoothly!  The kids did great and sang lovely.

The next two nights are their formal performances with all four choirs including almost 300 kids.  Both venues are about an hour away from our house, in two different directions.  May then has a school Christmas concert at a church on Sunday evening.  It will be a crazy weekend!

3 comments: