A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, December 9, 2011

Again?

I talked with Sweets' dad last night about picking her up after school today.  He told me someone had called CPS about Sweets again, and an investigator was coming to the house at 4pm today.  Therefore, Sweets was staying with him.

I reminded him that she has another concert tomorrow and told him I would pick her up after May's program at school tonight.  He said he would call me.  Of course, he also said he would have Sweets call me back last night and that didn't happen. 

My stomach is churning.  An hour before that call, Sweets talked with me and thought I was picking her up at school.  I hope he has talked with her. 

Following a court hearing for Lil Sis after Thanksgiving, everyone was reasonably positive that things were going well, even with Lil Sis now living with them too.  They will have social workers visiting a few times a week for up to 90 days to check on them and provide assistance as needed.  But no one was concerned that there were any significant issues.

Honestly, one of the girls would have to be seriously hurt before any change would be made at this point.  There have been many drop in visits by case managers and other social workers over the last month.  Nothing is going to change.  Even Sweets has had a bit more positive attitude since Thanksgiving weekend.

For Sweets' sake, I hope today's investigation goes smoothly and pick up occurs sometime today as expected.  She will be extra upset about not coming if she also misses the concert (which is mandatory) followed by a Christmas party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment