A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Visit

We had a visit with two of BB's aunts.  They are both so sweet and really care about him, but neither is in a position to take care of him.  I have tried to facilitate visits about once a month since BB came to live with me. 

This week's visit went great.  We met at a children's play area in a mall.  One of BB's cousins is just six weeks younger than he is, but BB is much bigger!  One of the aunts gave him two musical toys for Christmas.  He LOVES them!

These visits have been an awesome experience, because we are all very comfortable with each other. They get to see BB grow and know he is being well taken care of, I get to know more about BB's bio family, and BB will develop a relationship with his aunts and cousins.  Both aunts are very supportive of me adopting BB.  I have every intention of keeping them in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment