A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quiet Day

Today was a relatively quiet day.  I needed that.  We slept in and went to the late service at church.  No Sunday School today, so all of us sat in the back row of the contemporary service.  After some initial seat juggling, everyone did well and the service ended early.

We came home and had a simple lunch.  I tried to get BB to take a nap, but he was definitely not interested, despite being obviously tired.  So, we headed to the grocery store instead.  I scored the couple of necessities for Christmas next year from the clearance section and purchased the groceries we needed.  Once home again, BB eventually did settle down for a nap.   I let Buddy play on the computer, May watched her new movie on the portable DVD player in her room, and Sweets played (and played) Kinectimals on the new XBOX 360 KINECT that Santa brought them.  I enjoyed a long winter's nap!

I made spaghetti (their favorite) for dinner and they played some more.  Tonight they will get some reading in before bed and hopefully get a good night's sleep.

Yesterday, we had a wonderful Christmas with family here.  I picked Sweets up just after 9am and returned in time for brunch.  Then we all opened gifts.  The kids were so excited about so many of them.  I really thought we were doing less this year, but they still had more than they knew what to do with!  BB liked anything that made noise, especially the crinkly paper!  The big kids are having as much fun with BB's toys as he is.  The pillow pets and Zhu Zhu pets were the biggest hits after the Kinect, although they are loving everything right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment