A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eight Months

BB is marvelous!  He is a big boy at 8 months, over 20 pounds.  He is still happy virtually all the time, rarely fusses, and loves to interact with people.  He and I share a special bond, and I love the way he looks at me when I first come into a room where he is. 

Although he is not yet crawling or scooching, he does roll all over the floor.  He sits up well and loves to play in the water in the kitchen sink for his bath.  He is now standing with help, which is huge since he didn't like to put any weight on his legs for a long time.  He loves to bounce and to be held upside down.

BB is a good eater and sleeps wonderfully for about ten hours each night.  He still has no teeth, but I'm sure they have to be coming in soon!  All kinds of babbling and cooing come from his mouth, while anything he holds goes into his mouth.  He is very alert and no longer falls asleep during church or other events with lots of people.  He doesn't want to miss a thing!

May, Sweets, and Buddy all love BB very much.  They play well with him, keep him entertained, and help me with his needs.  I can't imagine BB not being part of our lives.  He is truly a blessing from God whom we have been entrusted to care for.

The current plan is that BB will be legally free for adoption in January.  My home study is in process to once again be licensed to adopt.  Some time next year....  Thank you, God!

1 comment: