A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, December 17, 2010

Just Done!

I am at my wits end with Buddy.  He is doing fine everywhere but at home.  Here, whether with me, or Miss M, his behavior is atrocious.  He is talking back, calling names, ignoring directions, and touching, pushing, and laying on his sisters.  I have talked with him, warned him, sent him to his room, ordered him to bed, and restricted TV and all electronics.  Nothing has worked.  I am done.

Tonight I sat him down with a piece of paper.  On the front he wrote "I will follow Mom's directions." and on the back he wrote "I will keep my hands to myself." seven times each.  He behaved for a few minutes and then started up again.  He finally got the wrath of Mom in his room and then when to bed not happy at all.

I'm now in no tolerance mode and made it clear that he will go directly to bed for even the slightest infraction.  I will have more time off over the next two weeks, and I'm hoping that he leaves this behavior behind within the first few days!

1 comment:

  1. We deal with this alot in are house (sad). It makes the days long and hard. I will be praying for your family.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete