A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Awesome Birthday Dinner

I took May out for her birthday dinner to the Melting P*t, a delicious fondue restaurant.  It was just the two of us for a very special evening.  We had a wonderful time and some good conversation.  She is turning in to such a lovely young lady.  I can't believe she is 12 already!  Yet, based on her maturity, sometimes she seems even older.

May will get to celebrate her birthday multiple times over the next week.  She received a nice text message (via my cell phone) from her bio dad this morning and was able to talk with him this afternoon.  Today we also brought a sheet cake to the end-of-the-year church children's choir party to celebrate.  Later she and I went out for dinner.  Tomorrow she'll take donuts to school to celebrate.  Thursday her tutor will likely take her out for a treat.

Next Saturday is her celebration with friends - swimming and birthday party at the YMCA.  The big family event will be next Sunday on Mother's Day.  It seems we have gotten into the mode of celebrating her birthday (which is the week before), my birthday (which is the week after), and Mother's Day at the same time when the family can all get together. 

She seems to be feeling a lot better.  I've heard her laugh more in the last couple days than she has for a while.  Hopefully that is a really good sign.  Let's hope she can make it through without a meltdown when I insist she clean her room again!

2 comments:

  1. That is Olivia's and my favorite restaurant!!! We go twice a year, once each time we're in FL with my parents and THEY can pay! LOL Cost is a downfall, but it's SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating birthWEEK is always great! I hope the week continues to go well. :-)

    I was looking for an email address for you to send you some information on the "Foster Friday" panel but couldn't find one. Could you please email me at tamlynn75@msn.com? I'm so excited to have you as a panel member!

    ReplyDelete