A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

 
I am so blessed to have my mother!

She has been instrumental in me becoming who I am today, and I thank her for raising me and teaching me along the way.

No, we didn't always see eye to eye.
No, we weren't always that close.
No, I didn't like all of her decisions. 
But, she was always well intentioned, striving to make the best decisions possible, and looking out for my well being to a fault! 

My mother showed me...
how to love selflessly,
how to work hard,
how to put others before yourself,
how to do your best,
how to prioritize,
how to care for those in need,
how to keep on going.

Today we are much closer.  I think I stress my mom out with all that I take on, but she supports me anyway!  She is a wonderful grandmother to all of my children (even though some of them leaving has broken her heart).  She still looks out for me and wraps me under her wing.  My mom is the best!

Thank you, Mother!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment