A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Update on BB

BB is now 14 months old.  I can't believe time has flown so fast!

He is toddling around quite well.  He loves to carry things, especially anything with batteries, buttons, or a handle!  He is definitely getting a mind of his own and will do what you want and then turn around and do the opposite, like reopening a cupboard door after you get him to close it.

BB has seven teeth now, although I think the eighth one is coming in soon.  He has struggled with eating recently, but as of now, I'm blaming it on teething, because he ate very well today. 

He is making all kinds of sounds and babbles a lot, but he has no words.  He does not repeat sounds on demand, but he seems to be able to make all the age appropriate sounds on his terms.  We now have a referral for a hearing eval and a speech eval.  I have the first scheduled, but I'm still waiting on a call back for the second.

The adoption case manager visited yesterday.  We jointly decided to wait to file the adoption petition with the court until after these evaluations are done.  It's a paperwork decision so things won't have to get filed, updated, or approved twice.  Plus she is on vacation for three weeks starting tomorrow, so not much would get done in the next month anyway.

Bottom line, BB is where he will stay.  It is just a matter of time before all the legalities catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment