A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lunch

Today we met May's bio dad for lunch.  He's come a long way in the last 10+ years.  He has always loved his daughter but has never been in a position to raise her.  May and he have been building a relationship over the last few years since he has gotten his life together. 

We see her dad a few times a year.  When May was little, we would go to a movie or a pizza place with games.  Usually now we go to a restaurant where we can talk more.  Her dad came to her Chorus concert in December and got tickets from me today for the big concert next week. 

Sometimes just May and I go meet him, but usually it is all of us like today.  He includes the other kids in his conversations and accepts us all as May's family.  He is very gracious and appreciative of the life May leads.  He continually thanks me and is very proud of her.  I'm grateful he is part of our life!

1 comment: