A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Icky Feelings

May has been having a lot of icky feelings lately.  She lets so much build up, and then she feels down and depressed.  I think she equates not being perfect with not being good.  Some of the emotions are age based, some driven by hormones, some issues with friends, and some conflict at home. 

This evening we had our first appointment seeking help.  Although it was difficult for May to open up, afterwards she expressed that she was very glad to have someone to talk to.  Hopefully, she can learn not to bottle up so much confusion inside and she can feel happier overall.  I'm glad she is feeling positive that we started counseling instead of it being something else that is wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment