A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Birthday Dinner

Last night we took Sweets' dad out to dinner for his birthday.  We went to a restaurant where we ordered steak and had appetizers and dessert to go with the meal.  Dinner was great.  He seemed to enjoy it, even though he spent half of dinner texting.  It's likely the only celebration he will have. 

Sweets gave him a card she picked out and signed, and I gave him a gift card for gas.  Sweets doesn't want to give him any gifts.  He has sold or given away a shirt and another gift she has given him on previous occassions. 

Bottom line, he seems to be over his mad spell from a few weeks back.  He is supportive of her finishing the year in Children's Chorus and assumes I am still picking her up every weekend.  Nothing has ever been said about the trip she didn't get to take with us over spring break, so I'll let sleeping dogs lie.  Perhaps soon I will bring up getting the Power of Attorney signed so I will have it before we go anywhere this summer.

2 comments:

  1. such an interesting relationship. so glad sweets has you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for commenting here...didn't know how else to reply to your comment on my blog. :)

    Hi Diane!

    I absolutely agree with you! Unfortunately I believe that both the judge and the agency made poor decisions. It hurts most when you know there has not been healing in the home yet. There are other disturbing details in this case that I don't feel I can share. This foster mama is awesome and is looking at the positive role she played in these children's lives. She knew she would not be adopting them from the start, and had them in her home for all the right reasons. It is most painful when you know that the children are not bring protected. :( This friend is switching agencies. Do you know of a legal way to call them out on poor decisions?

    Hope to catch up on your blog when I get a chance!

    Blessings to you!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete