A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Strike Two

Today was to be the next visit for Precious.  Her mom called and confirmed the visit this morning.  The CA came and picked up Precious and drove 30 minutes to the visit location.  After she arrived, about the time the visit was to start, mom called and said she wasn't coming today after all.  The CA brought Precious back, having been gone only about an hour and fifteen minutes total. 

This is so sad.  Perhaps mom just had tranportation problems at the last minute.  Maybe she was afraid to be late again.  I just can't believe she doesn't want to see her baby girl!

Next visit is set for Saturday.  Mom has to confirm that morning by 9am for an afternoon visit.  We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a difficult part of it all. I was most upset when I had to wake a sleeping baby to put him/her in a carseat only to have the visit not pan out. I want to be empathetic to bio-mom but at the same time her track record isn't doing so well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impossible to understand birth parents not doing everything they have to do in order to see their children. I would be camped out at the office until they gave my children back to me.

    All I can say is....if she is not going to go all out and get her back as soon as possible it is best for everyone if she doesn't bother to do anything at all, so this sweet baby girl can have closure and permanency as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this same problem for a while, but the CW put a stop to it. The CW started making mom show up 30 minutes before the visit time and THEN they would call me and let me know she was there and I would take Bay for her visit. Her mom had to wait on ME instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete