A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Proud

I'm so proud of my kids and their individual reactions to Precious.  They have all accepted her with open arms and adjusted well to her joining our family, for however long it may be.

May is a mom in training.  She is both a nurturer and a rule enforcer.  She is a great help and always usually willing to go above and beyond with regard to all of her younger siblings.  She dotes on Precious, enjoys feeding her, and even doesn't mind changing her diapers.  She also plays with and distracts BB as necessary and wrestles him into his carseat when needed.  Bless you, May.  You will be a wonderful mother some day!

Sweets was a bit in shock when she came in last weekend and saw a baby.  "Who's that?", she asked.  She was a bit indifferent that first night, but remember, she had just been through a very lousy ordeal when I picked her up from her dad's house that afternoon.  After she got some sleep, she was much more interested in Precious, wanted to hold her, and was hyper vigilant letting me know any time she made any kind of sound.  At the end of the weekend, Sweets said she was glad Precious was here and would miss her as she would all of us.

Buddy is a great big brother.  He loves on BB like there is no tomorrow.  They tease and wrestle and are really good brothers.  Buddy has quite a bit of patience for an eight year old when this toddler gets into his stuff.  Buddy also really likes babies.  He likes to hold Precious and enjoys feeding her.  He is excited to have any baby around, but he thinks it's extra special that Precious is BB's sister.  Buddy is the one who continually asks how long she will be here.  His standard question is "Will she be here for [insert event]?" 

BB has really impressed me.  He is very protective of his time with me.  If Buddy would sit on my lap or lean against me, BB would come over and push Buddy to move and then climb up in my lap.  I was very worried that BB would be extremely jealous of me holding Precious.  That really hasn't happened, except maybe once or twice when he was super tired.  He is very curious about Precious.  He brings her pacifiers to her, puts blankets on her, hands me any bottles he sees, and tries to share toys.  He will sometimes climb in my lap if I am holding Precious, but he is very careful not to climb on her.  BB has adjusted well and seems to like Precious being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment