A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, February 25, 2011

You Brought What?!

Well, Sweets' dad has to work tomorrow, so she called me about 8:30pm tonight and said I could pick her up so she could go to Chorus rehearsal tomorrow.  She needs to go back home in the afternoon.  Her dad met me halfway and will again tomorrow. 

So, Sweets jumped out of their car with her jacket wadded up and hopped in my van while I was talking with her dad.  The kids talked and giggled on the way home.  When we got home and everyone was in the house...
Sweets says, "Look what I found."  The story came out that a friend of her dad's gave her this little male dog, but she can't keep it where she and her dad are staying.  I put my foot down and said he is not staying here, especially not with our eight year old dog that doesn't get along well with other dogs!

So, I have until tomorrow afternoon to find a home for this little guy, or he goes back with Sweets to her dad's, and then who knows what will happen.  Not what I signed up for late Friday night!

1 comment: