A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

Nine years ago, but seems like not so long. I remember I turned the news on at 6am as I got ready for work, something I rarely did. But that morning I heard the reporter say there was smoke coming out of the World Trade Center. Then the rest of the events unfolded. Being clear across the country, it all seemed surreal, but yet it was scary. I went on about my day, dropped three toddlers off at daycare and proceeded to work, all continuously listening to the radio for more news. About 2pm I received a call from the daycare. They were evacuating; a bomb threat had been called into the nearby high school. I was glad for the excuse to go home. The kids were too little to know anything, but they knew I was sad. We prayed and hoped and prayed.

Today, kids don't really associate much with this day. May knows it's the day the planes crashed into the twin towers, but she can't comprehend why. I pray for those that lost their lives and the families left behind. I pray that our country continues to stand strong and does not bow to those who will not compromise. We must rely on God as a nation. Yes, we can be tolerant of others, but only as far as their tolerance allows. We cannot sacrifice our lives and our country in the name of tolerance and political correctness to those who have no tolerance for beliefs other than their own. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment