A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Foster Care Review Board

FCRB for BB was today.  I took him to the meeting, and the review committee was so excited to see a baby in person!  He was very well behaved and adorable as usual.  Case plan is being changed to severance and adoption, and the review went well.  Everyone is happy that BB is potentially in his permanent home.  They were very pleased that I have been and plan to continue to have visits with a couple of BB's extended family members.  They are supportive of me adopting him.  It's so nice when a case is so easy.  I feel for the bio mom, but she either decided to make things easy on BB or simply doesn't care.  Either way, if she surfaces and turns her life around later, I am open to her having contact with BB, as long as she is appropriate.  We have that relationship with May's dad, and it is working beautifully, both for her and for him. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment