A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, September 6, 2010

Busy Holiday Weekend

Wow! I can't believe the long weekend is coming to a close already. I didn't accomplish much of anything I had planned, but we all enjoyed family time together instead. Saturday was spent going out for lunch, watching a movie, and then swimming with my good friend C. and a former foster daughter who was able to spend some time with us.  Sunday was church, followed by my parents coming over for the rest of the day. We tried double decker tostadas for lunch (yum!), went swimming, made a C*stco run, and had spaghetti for dinner.

Today we slept in. May fed BB this morning, so I got an extra hour of sleep (THANKS!). My parents came over again and we just "hung around". My sister had the day off and came over to see the kids. We grilled hamburgers, chicken legs, and hot dogs for lunch. Then we got in the pool again to cool things off. I'll be glad when the 100+ degree days are over!

BB loves the swimming pool. He likes his bath too, but the pool (which is probably 90 degrees these days) is his favorite. He puts his head back and relaxes. He splashes and kicks. This weekend I dunked him under a few times, and he liked that too. Water in his face? No problem! He has a ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment