A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, July 26, 2010

Three Feet or Five Feet?

This afternoon I asked Buddy to pick up the XBox and put it on the shelf where we keep it. He was tired and whined that it was too hard. I semi-jokingly replied that if it was too hard for him to move it three feet, I could move it much further away to another room where he couldn't play it any more. His response was that it wasn't three feet; he would have to move it five feet and that was too far. Exasperated, I said, "Measure it," thinking he would step it off. No, he went to the pantry, got out the measuring tape, stretched it out, and began to measure. Answer: three feet eight inches. He put away the XBox and then put away the measuring tape. I laughed and laughed (not out loud, of course)!

1 comment: