A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Calm before the Storm

This is my last morning to sleep in and relax for a while. Kids are watching cartoons. Plans for the day are grocery shopping, back to school shopping, then swimming with friends. This is the last weekend that is not planned for a while.

Sweets started school last week and likes it. My final for my summer class is this week, May and Buddy start school the following week, and my fall semester starts the week after that. We are almost back in the swing.

Next weekend is a mini vacation at a resort in town which is supposed to have an awesome water park. The best part is that it will be such a short drive! (And if I forget anything, it's easy to recover!)

The following weekend is choir camp. This is the first year all three of the older kids are in the city children's choir. It is an audition group with four levels for 2nd through 12th graders. Their twice yearly concerts are incredible, and the oldest two choirs tour all over the world. Camp is the kick-off which the kids look forward to. They make new friends, eat, play, and sing, over twelve hours of rehearsals. This will be May's third camp, but it is the first for Sweets and Buddy. I'll be going to camp too to help with uniforms. Miss M is staying with BB for that weekend and loving on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment