A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meet the Teacher #1

Drove Sweets to her school by her dad's tonight for Meet the Teacher night. I can't believe she starts school already on Monday. She has two teachers, one on M/W and one on T/Th and they alternate on Fridays. Both seem very nice, but I worry about the consistency. The roster has 20 kids in the class, so the ratio should be good! Her dad listened to the expectations in 3rd grade, which include a signature from a parent for the reading log every night. Hopefully, this will happen on a regular basis better than last year. Good news also that the homework packets come home on Friday, so she can start them at my house on the weekend. Sweets is excited about school and she saw some friends tonight. Keep thinking positive! For now, she came back to my house until Sunday.

May and Buddy don't start school until August 11th. Sweets is a little jealous, but I keep reminding her, she gets two week breaks while they get 3-5 day breaks. Summer flew by this year, and we were only gone for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment