A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, July 1, 2010

3 Months Old

Baby Boy (BB) turned 3 months old last week and went to the doctor for immunizations. He got seven (I didn't realize the count was up so high now!), which included 3 shots and 1 oral. BB was a trooper. He took the oral medication without issue, made it through the first shot and into the second before crying, and stopped crying within 30 seconds of me picking him up afterwards. He was a little fussy for a few days, but returned to his normal happy self quickly. He did great!

I am still in awe at how beautiful and amazing this child is. He is the best baby I have ever been around; he is happy almost all the time. My heart is saddened that his birth mother may never know him. She disappearred right after he entered care. The clock is ticking; if nothing changes, she will lose him. Fortunately for him, he knows love and security, and he is thriving! Thank you God for blessing BB and our family by allowing us to know him.

No comments:

Post a Comment