A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweets and BB

Today was the end of summer for Sweets, as she starts school tomorrow. She is excited about school but not so excited to stay at her dad's now. The good news is that the trip to get her there today had no tears and ended well.

My parents came over for the day and stayed with May and Buddy while I took Sweets and BB. We spent time with two of BB's aunts and had dinner before taking Sweets home. She had fun being the big sister and telling the aunts all about BB.

The case manager for BB has not yet called the aunts to search further for family members who might step forward as a permanent placement. Today, they reiterated that there is no one. While both of these aunts are very nice, neither is in a position to add an infant in her home. This is the second time I met the older sister and the fourth time I met the younger sister. I continue to feel comfortable with them, so today I mentioned that if no family member comes forward, I will petition to adopt BB. The older sister's response was very positive, saying "that's just where he belongs". I was so happy to hear this and know that they are comfortable with that possible path forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment