A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Vocabulary

My 5th grader has used the following vocabulary words during conversations in the last 24 hours:

despise

She claims she will no longer use the word 'hate' because 'despise' works so much better and "most people don't know what it means anyway".  In her daily world, where most of her contacts have English as a second language, she is probably right.

simultaneously

"I know now not to put lotion on while simultaneously drying my hair," as I was blow drying her hair last night.

persnickety

She was looking for a reaction on this one!  I think she likes the way it sounds.

I'm impressed!  Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment