A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Size 6-9 months

Is it just me, or is size 6-9 months virtually irrelevant?  It seems like we just breeze by this size, almost not making it worth buying any clothes this size (thankfully many were passed down to Precious).

Both BB and Precious seem like they skipped straight from 3-6 months to 12 months clothing.  Officially, the 6-9 month labels read that that they fit 16-18 pounds.  I guess that's the issue.  When my babies hit 16 pounds the next thing I knew they were both 19 pounds!  It took only about a month in each case.  In addition, I guess my little ones are long.  Some of the 6-9 month one piece items are too short even at 16 pounds!

Precious still has a few 3-6 month items that fit and a few more 6-9 month items we can probably stretch for another couple weeks.  As for the winter size 6-9 month clothing, I don't think she will be wearing it.  It is still 100 degrees here!

Last weekend I pulled out two boxes from a closet marked "Girls <= 12 months" and found several 12 month outfits.  It was a jackpot!  This is in addition to some items passed on from friends.  What a blessing! 

It was fun remembering some of the clothes in these boxes, as Sweets wore them when she first came.  She was in size 12 months when she arrived at 8 months old.  I thought she was a BIG baby!  If so, BB and Precious are just as BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment