A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Much Better

Sweets brought home a great progress report this week.  She had "No missing work!" and a "Much better attitude about school."  Her teacher also had her whole class give Sweets a bow on Friday because she wasn't late once and she turned in all her homework. 

Total turnaround in less than two weeks.  What's changed?  Dad moved them back within walking distance of school, so Sweets sets her phone alarm to get up and get to school on time.  I text and/or call her almost every day to remind her about homework and turning it in.  That's it. 

Sweets did it, pretty much all on her own.  Someone just had to let her know it was important and then care to follow up.  Great job, Sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment