A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Eight Months Old

Precious is crawling!

She can routinely push herself to a sitting position with no help.

She's a master at scooting around in the walker.

Finger foods (cereal) have become a favorite!

She still likes the pacifier, but likes her fingers too.

She is a very happy baby, but I definitely see a temper emerging!

I have the adoption petition in hand to sign and send back to my attorney.  All of the CPS paperwork is complete.  If only my adoption certification would get signed!  If we get it before October 12th, the waiting period can be waived and we can finalize on National Adoption Day in November.  If not, our court date will likely be about 90 days after the petition is filed following the receipt of my certification.  I would really like to complete this adoption this year.  I'm not sure I'm up for the chaos associated with National Adoption Day at our juvenile courthouse  (over 300 kids adopted there last year) but at this point, I'll take it in order to finalize this year.  Let's hope my certification comes through in the next two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I am so excited for you. You are very lucky

    ReplyDelete