A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, September 21, 2012

Capital T

spells Trouble,

or Terrible Twos!

BB has had a Capital T few days.  First, he managed to take apart my cell phone while in a shoe store and LOSE the battery and back of the phone.  Fabulous!  I searched up and down the aisles, looked under all the fixtures, and looked in all the open shoe boxes within his reach to no avail.  I'm pretty sure someone will buy a pair of shoes and find a phone battery stuck inside one of them!

Then, today BB managed to lock himself and Precious IN the van WITH the keys as they were getting ready to leave for therapy.  I was at the court for my externship and not reachable.  The Friday babysitter called Miss M who came down to the court to locate me.  In the meantime, she found one of my old AAA cards and called them, and they called the fire department.  By the time I found out, it was all over and everyone was fine.  Luckily the van was in the garage and it was not that hot yet this morning. 

BB is non-stop motion.  He is very smart and a great problem solver.  Unfortunately, that means he figures out ways to prop things up so he can climb on the counter and get to the top of the refrigerator or search out the keys to be able to unlock the van so he can get in the garage and climb in.  I have a safety lock on the front door as well as a security screen door which is kept dead-bolted to make sure he is not the toddler found roaming the neighborhood in the middle of the night!

Here's hoping for a boring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment