A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, September 10, 2012

More?

I have been trying to simplify my life.  To those of you who really know me, I'm sure you are laughing at this point.  But truly, I have been working not to add anything new and have been trying to move at least one or two things off the platter. 

IT'S NOT WORKING!!!

Every time I turn around, something new gets added!  I don't choose it; it chooses me.  Okay, I guess I sort of caused the speeding ticket, which necessitated defensive driving school (at least it could be completed online!), but really...  36mph on a three lane 25mph wide open access street at 6:50am in the morning!  Can you say speed trap?  Complaining aside, this is just one minor example of something that happened that added more to the plate.  Thankfully, this one is already off (but I could have used those four hours more productively).

I am still trying to get adjusted to the new school year and coordinating all the schedules and activities.  All of Buddy's homework is online.  He doesn't have access to a computer with internet access unless he is supervised.  Thankfully, Miss M has been letting him use her computer.  Many times, my computer is not available until much later than he should be doing homework. 

May's audio books are not available for an MP3 player this year.  That format has been discontinued, and she needs either a i-device (which we don't have) or a full PC (which needs to be updated and shared with Buddy).  Unfortunately, that one is still sitting in the middle of the plate and we are limping by in the meantime.  The good news is that she claims she is successfully reading her textbooks and understanding them. 

Sweets has become more needy from a distance.  She is frequently texting me that she misses me and wants to be here.  It is emotionally draining; I can't do anything about it.  I try to "feed her meter" as another mom puts it, telling her she is doing a good job, reminding her it's not that long before she comes back, and trying to get her to focus on other things.  It's hard trying to manage her schoolwork and activities from 45 minutes away!

Has anyone figured out how to find more than 24 hours in a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment