A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Good and The Bad

The Good

May and Sweets both had a fabulous time at camp.  The first thing each one told me when I picked them up was "I have to come back next year!"  May said she had lots of fun, met lots of friends, and learned lots.  She didn't complain about the work, the heat, the exercise, the lack of sleep - none of it - not even when the horse stepped on her foot!  I was so glad to hear that all she focused on was the good!  Sweets really enjoyed herself, made a lot of friends, loved the horses, and even got to pester her big sister (which May accepted much more graciously than at home).

Buddy is just about packed and ready to leave for camp tomorrow after church.  He is so excited and thrilled he gets to ride the bus both ways!  He has talked a lot about it being the first time he has been away from everyone in the family for a whole week, but he doesn't seem apprehensive.  I really believe this will be a good experience for him and help him blossom as an individual.

The Bad

Sweets is miserable.  Her throat hurts very badly and she has hardly had anything to drink or eat all day.  Gargling with salt water does make it feel better, but she only swallows a couple sips before she says it hurts too much.  I keep taking her a drink for "just one sip" on a regular basis, but she can't always get it down.  Tonight she did finally eat a whole popsicle.  After a shower, she claimed she felt much better.  I hope we've crossed over the mountain at this point.

I'm exhausted - there - I said it.  Every time I think I am just about caught up, something else happens to create more chaos.  I am hoping I can get a good night of sleep tonight and that tomorrow will look much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment