A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Monday, July 2, 2012

Camp x 2

Sweets left on the bus for camp yesterday.  She was excited, but more nervous than I have ever seen her.  Before church, she told me her stomach felt funny.  I asked her if it felt like butterflies, and she said yes.  She and Buddy were the acolytes at church (lighting the candles for the service).  Then they went to Sunday School, and we left immediately to go catch the camp bus. 

Once at the drop off point (after a run through McD's for lunch), Sweets seemed fine and ready to go.  We got her checked in and her stuff loaded on the bus and then said our good-byes.  She seemed fine as she got on the bus.  Then I made the major mistake of coming back to wave good-bye one more time, since the bus hadn't yet left after a twenty minute trip to the bathroom with Buddy and the two little ones.  Sweets mouthed that she wanted to get off the bus and go home with us.  I did my best pantomime act to tell her she would have fun and feel better once the bus left.  I told her to say hi to May and think about riding the horses.  She didn't look convinced, but she didn't make a run for it, either.  I'm sure once the bus started moving, her focus probably changed and she started looking forward instead of back. 

I haven't heard from/about either of them.  In this case, no news is good news.  I'm praying that both May and Sweets have a wonderful experience with lots of stories to tell.  We pick them up on Saturday morning.  Buddy is looking forward to his turn in two weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment