A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Friday, June 15, 2012

Ketchikan

Our final port was Ketchikan. It was a bit dreary when we docked, but the sun came out and made for a beautiful day! We did a little shopping and then we went on a small fishing boat with Grandpa and my sister.


Buddy's biggest hit during the trip was getting to drive the boat! 



Although we were fishing for king salmon, they just weren't biting.  We did some bottom fishing, and Buddy caught the first fish.  May caught her first fish ever and the biggest one of the day. 


We saw lots of wildlife, including bald eagles, humpback whales, and the most exciting of all - an orca and her calf, the first the guide has seen this year in these waters!  It was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment