A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Constant Supervision

BB has mastered getting out of the crib.  He won't be contained anywhere.  He has even figured out the gate we have with a push release on the opposite side. 

BB is also very creative getting what he wants.  He is a climber as well.  So, someone needs to watch him constantly. 

The big kids will help some, but they get tired of watching him.  I can totally understand. 

Getting BB to go to sleep is a huge challenge.  It takes hours over an hour most of the time.  I constantly pick him up and put him back in bed.  A few times, I thought he was down for the count, but five minutes later, he comes strolling out again.  The only thing I have made work is to sit in a chair where he can see me until he falls asleep, really well asleep, and then leave without making a sound.  If he hears any noise, it is like he is hyper vigilant and the cycle starts all over. 

Unfortunately, if he is not tired, this seems to go on forever.  I don't have the time to sit and wait for him to go to sleep.  As for naps, they are almost non-existant.  He is like the energizer bunny....

The last three mornings BB has been up before 5:30am.  UP!  He comes walking in my room so proud of himself.  I have been able to get him to lie down with me for a while, but he won't go back to sleep. 

I'm getting really tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment