A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nice Day

Today was a nice, relaxing day.  It was also the start of celebrating my oldest daughter becoing a teenager!  May will be 13 this week!  It is hard to believe it has been that long.

We started with church this morning.  The sermon was about expectations.  Wow, that's a loaded topic for me.  Mine have changed so much over the years!

Afterwards, my uncle met us, my sister flew in for the day to see him and May, and my other sister joined us for a nice lunch at one of our favorite restaurants.  Even BB was on his best behavior!  Unfortunately, my parents have been ill, so they skipped today, and Sweets was not allowed to come this weekend (long story).

This afternoon the kids went swimming with friends who came to pick up their dog we kept for the weekend.  She was a sweetheart!  The kids had fun, and the water in now officially warm enough in the backyard pool.  BB joined them for part of the time.  He came out shivering!

Later in the day May opened presents from our visitors.  We'll have another celebration next weekend, hopefully with Sweets.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do for May's big gift.  I'm running out of time!

1 comment: