A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

22

Tonight at bedtime, Buddy and I were talking about Precious' name change.  He said he still wanted to call her by her birth name.  I told him that's all right, but he would get used to her new name. 

His next question: Can we get another baby and name her [Precious' birth name]?  While laughing out loud softly chuckling, I replied that I didn't think there would be any babies coming to us soon.  

Buddy's response: Why?  I told him that some people think five is enough kids.  He replied, "Five is not a lot; twenty-two is a lot!"

Apparently, he had learned about Wilma Rudolph in school and was amazed, both by her athletic accomplishments after overcoming a handicap and by the fact that she had twenty-two brothers and sisters.  I just read up on her; she was an amazing woman!

1 comment: