A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. --Forest E. Witcraft

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Special Night

Tonight after work, I came home and picked up Buddy.  Miss M stayed with May and BB.

Buddy and I went to a restaurant of his choosing.  We frequent this one and have come to know one of the servers.  Well, this server was there and we sat in his section.  He asked where the rest of the family was, and I told him this was Buddy's special night with Mom.  He paid extra attention to Buddy throughout the meal since it was his special night, and now Buddy loves him even more!

After dinner, we went to the big toy store!  Buddy has had a gift card since his birthday last year.  We walked through the store for about half an hour and he leisurely checked out all the "boy toys".  He chose a new game for the 3DS that he received for Christmas.  He was one happy camper!

On the way home he kept alternating between different versions of "I love you" and "Thank you" Mom.  It is truly amazing how just a little bit of time and special attention means so much to a child! 

Buddy, you are the greatest!  I'm so glad you are my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment